Rental Qualification Criteria
Rental Application Policies and Resident Qualification Criteria
WILSON MANAGEMENT GROUP (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS WMG) DOES BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, FAMILIAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED BASIS.
WMG IS THE MANAGING AGENT FOR MANY SEPARATE OWNERS; THEREFORE, POLICIES AT EACH PROPERTY MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE PARTICULAR OWNER'S PREFERENCE.
- A separate Rental Application is required for each adult, eighteen years of age or older, intending to occupy the Premises. A clear and readable photo identification (driver's license, military ID, State ID, passport ID) must be presented with each Rental Application. Each Rental Application must be filled out completely and signed by the applicant. Complete Rental Applications include: "Rental Application Policies and Resident Qualification Criteria," "Rental Application Disclosure and Authorization," "Rental Application," and "clear and readable photo identification."
- A processing fee of $50.00 in cash, official bank cashier's check, or money order must accompany each Rental Application. Personal checks are not accepted. If paid in cash the exact amount is required. The processing fee is non-refundable. No Rental Application will be processed without a processing fee. Rental Payments, deposits or other fees are not accepted without an approved Rental Application.
- Applicants must provide documentation of U.S. citizenship or immigration status. Applicants must provide their Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Rental Applications from applicants who are not U.S. citizens and who do not have the legal right to be in the U.S. will be declined. Rental Applications from applicants who are legally in the U.S. but cannot prove that they have the legal right to be in the U.S. through the entire lease term will be declined.
- Rental Applications from other applicants are accepted until a Rental Application is approved. WMG cannot guarantee that any unit viewed will still be available by the time the Rental Application is processed. Because of the fiduciary relationship WMG has with Property Owners, if more than one Rental Application is submitted before approval can be achieved, then the first qualified applicant will be approved for placement. Remaining qualified applicants may consider other properties available from WMG's rental list.
- If the applicant is applying to rent a unit governed by a Condominium or Homeowners Association, the applicant may be required to submit a separate Rental Application and/or fee to the Association for processing and approval.
- Applicants, including all others who are applying to rent the Premises as one household unit, must have a combined and verifiable gross income of at least three times the monthly rent or comparable amount if income is tax-free.
Reliable documentation and telephone numbers, including work fax numbers, for all income sources must be provided. Employment and income will be verified on all applicants. Self-employed applicants will be required to produce upon request the previous year's Tax Return (1040). Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income and/or financial ability. Applicant may, at applicant's discretion, provide payroll check stubs covering a minimum of the last three months as additional documentation to assist in verifying current employment and income.
All Rental Application information must be complete and verifiable. Processing a Rental Application usually takes between two and three business days. Sometimes approval of Homeowners or Condo Associations, Property Owners, or unavoidable circumstances may cause processing to take longer. While WMG will make reasonable efforts to verify the information provided, and will attempt to contact the applicant if there is a delay in verification, incomplete or unverifiable information may result in declining a Rental Application. Upon completion of processing the applicant will be notified immediately that the Rental Application has been approved or declined.
- A credit report from a national credit reporting agency will be obtained on all applicants.
- A history of bankruptcy is cause for rejection of a Rental Application unless the bankruptcy has been fully discharged and the applicant has established satisfactory credit history for at least two full years after discharge. Also, additional security deposit and/or guarantor may be required at the sole discretion of WMG.
Any of the following by any person intending to occupy the premises is cause for rejection of a Rental Application:
- Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of a sex offense or murder/manslaughter.
- Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of a felony, including those resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property or arson within the past 7 years.
- Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance within the last 7 years.
- A history of violence or of threats made to a Landlord, Landlord's agent, neighbors, or others.
- A history of any eviction actions.
- Residency must be verified for a minimum of the last twenty-four months with no interruptions. Rental history references must reflect timely payment, appropriate notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding disturbances or illegal activities, no history of violence or threats and/or intimidation of others, no NSF checks, no damage to previous rental units, and no failure to leave the premises clean and without damage at the time of lease termination.
- Applicant must list each state in which residency has been established, including states where the applicant has attended school or received training, worked, or served in the armed forces.
As per guidance from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD"), maximum occupancy is two persons per bedroom. Persons under two (2) years of age are not included in the count. WMG prohibits the rental of a single-family dwelling unit to more than three (3) unrelated adults. However, some city and county municipalities and/or Homeowners Associations prohibit more than two (2) unrelated adults to reside in a single family dwelling unit, in which case WMG will follow the prevailing community guideline.
"Unrelated adults" are those persons who are not related to each other by blood or marriage.
- The full name of all intended occupants must be listed on the Rental Application. Applicant must list every other name or AKA (Also Known As) that has been used for obtaining or attempting to obtain housing, or credit, or for any other business purpose.
All animals, vehicles of any kind, and water-filled furniture, including aquariums, must be disclosed on the Rental Application, and proof of insurance (FS 83.535) covering Property Owner's interest must be provided for any water-filled furniture/aquariums.
Animals are permitted only on certain properties at the sole discretion and approval of the Property Owner. Only small to medium sized, non-violent, common domesticated animals will be allowed on any property that permits animals. Farm animals, snakes, other reptiles, exotic animals, and any large or aggressive animal will not be approved. Rottweilers, American Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls), American Pit Bull Terriers, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Chows, Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Great Danes, St. Bernards, Mastiffs, and mixed breeds including any of the above mentioned will not be approved. If an animal is approved, a minimum $100.00 non-refundable animal fee per animal is required and additional security deposit of a minimum of $200.00 per animal is required. Also additional non-refundable animal fees or additional security deposits may be required at the sole discretion of the Property Owner. It is the policy of WMG to waive animal restrictions in a case where an animal is necessary to accommodate a person with a disability. A clear and current photo (print) of each animal expected to reside on the premises must be submitted with the Rental Application.
Wilson Management Group uses a third-party pet/animal policy and screening service. Applicants must go to this link: https://wilsonmanagementgroup.petscreening.com/. Additional charges may apply.
- If approved the applicant - including all others applying to rent the premises as one household unit, i.e. Tenant - agrees to pay WMG at the time of lease closing, a non-refundable transaction fee of $80.00 which shall be used to help defray expenses associated with providing Tenant a copy of Lease Agreement and Addenda, for providing Tenant a "Tenant Handbook" outlining instructions on caring for Premises and information on responsible tenancy, for preparing and delivering to Tenant at beginning of tenancy a Notice Regarding Security Deposit Monies as required by current Florida law, or as may be amended, for mailing to Tenant at termination of tenancy a move-out letter with instructions on how to leave Premises and how security deposit will be disbursed, and for preparing and mailing by certified mail to Tenant a Notice of Claim Upon the Security Deposit, if required, and any security deposit refund owed to Tenant as required by current Florida law, or as may be amended.
- If approved the applicant must sign a Lease Agreement within one business day, and all monies due rent, security deposit, animal fees, transaction fee, and any other sums due, if any must be paid in full with certified funds (official bank cashier's check or money order) at the time of lease closing and prior to taking possession of Premises. In the event the applicant fails to sign a Lease Agreement within one business day after approval, it will be assumed that the applicant has withdrawn and the Premises will be offered to others.
- Applicant will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease closing in a minimum amount of one month's rent. At Owner/Landlord's sole discretion, a higher security deposit, and/or additional pre-paid rent, and/or guarantors may be accepted in lieu of acceptable credit or landlord history. A guarantor must complete a Rental Application packet, pay the application fee, and be qualified in order to be a guarantor.
- A sample copy of the Lease Agreement is available on our website www.wilsonmanagementgroup.com. Applicants are encouraged to review the Lease Agreement prior to submitting an application to rent.
Upon approval, I understand it is my responsibility to provide the following - in certified funds, i.e. cashier's check or money order (no personal checks accepted) - at time of lease
- Security Deposit
- Transaction Fee
- Animal Fee (if applicable)